Fire Prevention Day in Danbury, CT
SERVPRO of Danbury/Ridgefield is honored to give back to the community we serve and live in. Every year we join the brave men and women of the Danbury Fire Department for the fire prevention day in October. Hundreds of children visit the exhibitors to learn about fire safety. Our marketing team participates by providing fun fire safety activities for the children.
- U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 357,000 home structure fires per year during 2009-2013, which represents three-quarters of all structure fires.
- Home fires caused an annual average of
- 2,470 civilian fire deaths, or 92% of all civilian structure fire deaths,
- 12,890 civilian fire injuries, or 86% of all civilian structure fire injuries, and
- $6.9 billion in direct damage, or 70% of total direct damage in structure fires.
- On average, seven people died in U.S. home fires per day.
- Cooking equipment was the leading cause of home structure fires and home fire injuries and the third leading cause of home fire deaths.
- Smoking was the leading cause of civilian home fire deaths. Heating equipment was the second most common cause of home fires, fire deaths, and fire injuries.