What Can I Do to Prevent a Bathroom Exhaust Fan Fire In My Ridgefield Home?
SERVPRO Technicians Can Restore Your Ridgefield Home After Fire Damage
While bathroom exhaust fans only account for a small percentage of home fires, they can do significant amounts of damage to your Ridgefield property. Ventilation systems, structural material, and personal belongings alike are quickly lost to this type of fire. Losses can average as much as tens of thousands of dollars.
SERVPRO offers fire damage restoration services for Ridgefield residents that return homes to a preloss state. This team is trained to offer both mitigation–that is, the removal of damages–and restoration, which focuses on rebuilding and replacing components after cleanup.
What Can I Do to Maintain My Bathroom Exhaust Fan?
- Clean the fan twice a year. This process is as simple as removing the fan cover, wiping accessible components clean, and washing and replacing the cover.
- Replace the fan if it is already damaged. If you find signs of heat damage, contact, or local service professional about replacing your exhaust fan with a thermally-protected unit that can automatically shut down when the motor overheats.
- Keep fan usage brief. These fans are not designed to be used for hours at a time. Consider installing a timer switch to keep overuse to a minimum.
What Do SERVPRO’s Rebuilding Services Entail?
SERVPRO technicians can render a variety of services after a disaster, including the following:
- Manual cleaning and replacement for components of your ventilation system. Fire-damaged sheet metal vents can be cleaned, but flex duct should be replaced after a fire.
- Washing and deodorizing nonporous surfaces, such as sinks, toilets, and bathtubs.
- Removing fire-damaged drywall and exterior wall insulation for replacement.
- Abrasion cleaning for charred wall studs, subfloors, and ceiling joists that do not require replacement.
- Removing and replacing nearby carpeting, floorboards, or floor coverings that may have been affected by the fire.
SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield provides a rapid-response mitigation service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster when you call (203) 791-0920.