Why Calling Emergency Services Water Damage Help in Danbury is Always Best
Danbury residents can count on SERVPRO for reliable water damage restoration
Danbury, Connecticut, is a city named after Danbury, England, because it is the place of origin for many early settlers. It has gained the nickname of Hat City because of the rich history that the city has with the hat-making industry.
Located within Fairfield County, Danbury is home to Danbury Municipal Airport, Danbury Hospital, and the Western Connecticut State University. Of course, there are also many great attractions and must-see sights in the city, which include:
- Bear Mountain Reservation – Located on Bear Mountain Road, this is a beautiful natural attraction that features miles of hiking trails. On the grounds, you will find a small zoo and areas where you can sit for a picnic lunch.
- Tarrywile Park & Mansion – You will find this breathtaking estate on Southern Boulevard. The mansion sits on over 700 acres that feature lakes, ponds, and many miles of trails.
- Danbury Railway Museum – There is plenty for the whole family to enjoy at this destination on White Street. Take a trip on the restored steam train or talk with staff about the many different trains on-site. There are plenty of displays featuring historical trains, famous conductors, and many outdoor spots to take pictures.
- Danbury Museum & Historical Society – Located in the John & Mary Rider House, the historical society and museum are rich with local history and details on many of the houses still standing in the area.
Don’t Miss Out on Danbury’s Main Street Historic District
As the oldest section of Danbury, the area of Main Street has long gotten looked at as the commercial hub. Here, you will find a wide range of commercial establishments, churches, government buildings, and residences.
When Danbury was initially being settled during the latter portion of the 17th century, this Main Street area was known as Town Street. This is also the spot where the Revolutionary War began in the state, where you will find a marker that indicates where the very first shot got fired at the British. Throughout the 19th century, the development here brought in the railroads, which helped local hatmakers in the city thrive.
Downtown Danbury today is filled with many shops and attractions, including an ice arena, rail museum, and several points of interest for sight-seers visiting the city.
Let SERVPRO show you why using our water damage restoration services is best for handling water damage repairs to your Danbury property!
Something many Danbury homeowners run into is hidden water damage from ceiling leaks or pipes that have seen better days. Water damage repairs are necessary to ensure you do not develop mold or mildew, bringing potential health effects. SERVPRO will come to your home, addressing any water damage while making sure to target the cause so that the same issue does not repeat in the future.
Why call skilled technicians for water damage restoration in Danbury? Because we know what to look for when trying to locate signs of hidden damage, including:
- Bubbling or peeling wallpaper
- Warping walls or soft drywall
- Staining on your walls or ceilings (especially after a leaking roof from storms)
- Musty, strange odors
- Mold development
SERVPRO of Danbury/Ridgefield is the team to call when you need help with water damage restoration fast! Call us at (203) 791-0920 to get a team to you as soon as possible.