HVAC Assessment Is Crucial to Danbury Fire Damage Restoration
We Do HVAC Fire Damage Restoration Work in Danbury
One of the essential damage mitigation efforts following a Danbury house fire is restoring the home’s HVAC system to its pre-event state. This restoration process begins with a thorough evaluation of the fire’s impact on the system. The process involves determining the nature of the fire and HVAC network and the types of residues soiling ductwork.
Danbury fire damage restoration firm SERVPRO has been evaluating fire-impacted ventilation systems for decades and has become one of this region’s top inspection experts. However, inspections are the beginning when it comes to the services we perform once inside fire-damaged homes. After a residence has been effectively assessed, our professional house fire clean-up crews start working on smoke remediation and fire restoration efforts. With that said, before any of these later tasks are initiated, we examine the HVAC system to determine the following:
- How long the fire continued, how close it was to the furnace unit or vents if smoke entered the network’s return or supply side, and whether or not the blower was on during the blaze
- The types of smoke residues contaminating ductwork, their severity, and if any unpleasant, fire-related smells are present.
- What your ducts are made of, if they are insulated or of the flex type, and if the system needs to be disassembled to be effectively cleaned.
- Whether filters are dirty or not, they need to be cleaned or disposed of and replaced.
- If there are any mechanical components, like the cooling coil, dampers, mixing boxes, and turning vanes, that are damaged and need to be replaced.
Once our inspection is complete, we generally know what needs to be done.
So, remember that your neighbors at SERVPRO of Danbury/Ridgefield are always ready to help you with fire damage restoration. Call us anytime at (203) 791-0920 for assistance.