Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
When Mold Spreads in Danbury
Mold can spread quickly through your Danbury home or business. The spores from mold release mycotoxins. Once airborne, mold may cause health problems for people and pets. Over time, mustiness, mildew, and mold colonization can reduce the value of furniture, damage appliances, and electrical equipment. Additionally, it gives off an unpleasant odor. Any one of these reasons is enough to reach out to SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield for mold cleanup and remediation.
Mold requires certain conditions to thrive and spread. Spores are everywhere, so stopping the problem at the source is key to avoidance. Residential attics are a prevalent location for mold.
Be sure and look for mold the following places:
• Often water finds access to an attic through the roof or eves.
• Burst pipes are apparent, but invisible leaks behind walls are challenging.
• When air doesn’t circulate, closets or shelves or cabinets next to a wall cause stagnant, moist air to accumulate.
• In warmer months, humid weather can be a problem, especially in basements.
• Heavy rains and improper ground slope can cause water intrusion at foundations, garages, and basements.
• Dampness due to condensation can cause mold on walls and furniture and cause wooden window frames to rot.
Mold can weaken structural elements and degrade construction materials causing irreparable damages. Call us before it is too late. With IICRC-Certified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians on our team, we have the knowledge, confidence, and equipment to respond to your situation quickly 24/7/365.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (203) 791-0920
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (203) 791-0920
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Danbury community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: