Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
When Mold Spreads in Danbury
Mold can spread quickly through your Danbury home or business. The spores from mold release mycotoxins. Once airborne, mold may cause health problems for people and pets. Over time, mustiness, mildew, and mold colonization can reduce the value of furniture, damage appliances, and electrical equipment. Additionally, it gives off an unpleasant odor. Any one of these reasons is enough to reach out to SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield for mold cleanup and remediation.
Mold requires certain conditions to thrive and spread. Spores are everywhere, so stopping the problem at the source is key to avoidance. Residential attics are a prevalent location for mold.
Be sure and look for mold the following places:
• Often water finds access to an attic through the roof or eves.
• Burst pipes are apparent, but invisible leaks behind walls are challenging.
• When air doesn’t circulate, closets or shelves or cabinets next to a wall cause stagnant, moist air to accumulate.
• In warmer months, humid weather can be a problem, especially in basements.
• Heavy rains and improper ground slope can cause water intrusion at foundations, garages, and basements.
• Dampness due to condensation can cause mold on walls and furniture and cause wooden window frames to rot.
Mold can weaken structural elements and degrade construction materials causing irreparable damages. Call us before it is too late. With IICRC-Certified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians on our team, we have the knowledge, confidence, and equipment to respond to your situation quickly 24/7/365.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (203) 791-0920
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (203) 791-0920
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Danbury community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: