Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
How Can You Help Your Danbury Home Once You Discover Mold?
It can often be an overwhelming situation to find mold growing in your Danbury home or business. Understanding how harmful these organisms can be to the health of those exposed, remedying the situation immediately is critical. No matter what variety of residential mold is growing in your home, they can still produce volatile organic compounds and an influx of spores that can threaten people and pets in the residence without prompt action. There are tips that you can follow here to help you get remediation started as quickly as possible.
1. Call Professional Remediators
You might have read mold removal strategies on the internet. Still, at best, these efforts only remove the top layer of the colony and do not address the greater hyphae of the organism embedded in a hosting material.
2. Shut Down the HVAC System
Stopping the circulation of mold spores throughout your Danbury home requires you to shut down the HVAC system whenever possible.
3. Close the Area
While our SERVPRO remediators intend to establish containment barriers when we begin remediation work, by closing up doors leading to the affected area, you can limit the spread and severity of worsening mold colonization.
The Answers We Need
When speaking with our professionals, you can expect to answer questions regarding:
• Location of mold
• History of moisture in the area
• Conditions of the rest of the house
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (203) 791-0920
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Redding Ridge
- Aqua Vista
- Lattins Landing