Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Your Limitations for Cleaning Bio-Threats in Danbury Homes
It is difficult for a Danbury homeowner to concede that a loss incident is beyond their scope of recovery ability. Many mistakenly believe that powerful chemical agents like chlorines can altogether remove any threat after a biohazard, but this is not the case. Situations like sewage backup and traumas are conditions that pose an immediate, acute threat to all exposed to bacteria and pathogens, and inappropriate personal protective equipment and practices can make you sick or worse.
How Severe are Biohazards?
Much like many drivers believe that professional mechanics do little more than fix a minor issue and present three major ones at the same time, our restoration company has no reason to upsell you on the urgency and severity of biohazards. Our most typical callouts are:
• Sewage backup
• Chemical spills
• Drug lab cleanup
• Crime scene cleanup
• Trauma recovery
Each of these situations presents unique hazards and threats. Protection from them during the cleaning and restoration process involves full protective gear, including respirators, gloves, goggles, coveralls, and more.
Fast Response Whenever You Need It
While one of our slogans has been that We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, that is never more valuable of a statement than when biohazard cleaning is necessary for your Danbury home. We can often reach damaged addresses in the area within hours of your initial call, regardless of the time of day or night when it gets received.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (203) 791-0920
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Danbury / Ridgefield has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Redding Ridge
- Aqua Vista
- Lattins Landing