Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Coming home after a long day at work to find water damage can leave you feeling lost and confused. SERVPRO of Danbury/ Ridgefield is your leader in the restoration industry. Your home may not be safe to enter so wait on the professionals to assess your home before trying to tackle the mess yourself. Potential electrical or slip and fall hazards are potential concerns from the water damage. Water can leave your ceilings, flooring and walls damaged so be careful when entering your home for the first time. Follow the water damage tips while you wait on the professionals at SERVPRO of Danbury/ Ridgefield to arrive.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (203) 791-0920
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.